#GivingTuesday - Find out more and help us reach our goal!
What is #GIVINGTUESDAY?
On Tuesday, 12.2.14, more than 10,000 charities, families, businesses, community centers, and students around the world will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give to causes close to their heart. It’s a simple idea with huge impact!
Why should you participate?
#GivingTuesday can transform how people think about, talk about and participate in the giving season. It harnesses the power of social media while offering an opportunity to start off the holiday season by GIVING to organizations that are transforming the world. Rocky Mountain Council, Boy Scouts of America is one of them; we have a $5,000 goal for donations on 12.2.14. Every donation helps.
How do I participate?
- Click Here -> to make a donation. Involve your children in deciding how much you will donate so that they practice giving, too. Do it now or any time before the end of Tuesday, 12.2.14 to help us reach our goal.
- Print this “I Love RMC” sign and write why you care about Rocky Mountain Council on it.
- Take a selfie with the sign--or have someone take your picture with the sign using your phone.
- On 12.2.14, upload the picture to Facebook and/or twitter using the hashtags #GivingTuesday and #IGiveToRMC.
“Like” the Rocky Mountain Council Boy Scouts of America Facebook page, then tag it in the photo so it will appear on our page.
- Tell EVERYONE about how you are GIVING. Tag your friends and colleagues who you think should be involved with Rocky Mountain Council – and the people you know that need a reminder that the season is for GIVING.
Please join us and be a part of a global celebration of generosity.
Whether you can donate $10, $100, $1000 – or any amount in between – Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturers, Varsity Scouts, and Explorers in Southern Colorado thank you and wish you a merry holiday season. Please, GIVE.